- Functions (including anonymous functions) as first-class values.
- Single and double quoted strings.
- "Arrays" use 1-based indexing.
- Method dispatch can be done via two operators (
. for normal dispatch, and
: which transparently passes the initial "self" parameter when working in Object-oriented style).
- No regular expressions; just an "pattern" facility that will seem odd to people coming from Perl-compatible regular expressions.
- Tiny language surface area (eg. no ternaries, for example).