My favorite Jeff Dean facts (selected from this Quora page):
- Compilers don’t warn Jeff Dean. Jeff Dean warns compilers.
- Jeff Dean builds his code before committing it, but only to check for compiler and linker bugs.
- When Graham Bell invented the telephone, he saw a missed call from Jeff Dean.
- Jeff Dean puts his pants on one leg at a time, but if he had more legs, you would see that his approach is O(log n).
- The x86-64 spec includes several undocumented instructions marked 'private use'. They are actually for Jeff Dean’s use.
- Jeff Dean once shifted a bit so hard, it ended up on another computer.