Error in terminal when trying to activate users

1. khambati

I installed the software in the admin user. The program worked fine. Then I logged in as another user on the machine. Went to /Users/Shared and then tried to activate this users account. A terminal window comes up and showed an error. Subsequently, I uninstalled the software and tried to get the apple fast switching back. I can do fast switching from all accounts except the account for which I had tried to activate winswitch and had received the errors. How do I get the original fast switching to work in this account.

Please help. Thanks.

2. Greg Hurrell

It would be helpful if you could paste the error messages because without seeing them I have absolutely no idea.

You should also look at these:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=161

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=199

If you think you're seeing one of those issues you should add your comments to the database there so that all the information about the issue is kept in the one place.

3. anonymous

this is the problem I enocounter every time I try to run "Activate WinSwitch" in terminal...

Last login: Mon Nov 21 18:42:09 on ttys003
    Vinny-Burns-Laptop:~ vinnyb89$ /Users/Shared/Activate\ WinSwitch.command ; exit;Deactivating menu extra with identifier "com.apple.menuextra.appleuser" ... Success.
    Deactivating menu extra with identifier "net.sourceforge.menucracker" ... Success.
    Deactivating menu extra with identifier "com.wincent.WinSwitch" ... Success.
    Activating menu extra with bundle path "/Library/Menu Extras/WinSwitch.menu" after item number -1 ... Failure.
    Error: fatal error while adding bundle "/Library/Menu Extras/WinSwitch.menu" aborting processing
    Activating menu extra with bundle path "/Library/Menu Extras/WinSwitch.menu" after item number -1 ... Failure.
    Error: fatal error while adding bundle "/Library/Menu Extras/WinSwitch.menu" aborting processing
    logout

[Process completed]

Vinny

• 13" MacBook Pro
    • Mac OS X Version 10.7.2
    • 2.66GHz Intel