Happy after all these years

1. Fuga

Re: this post from 2 years ago https://wincent.dev/forums/synergy/topics/545

Update! Had used Synergy from the start but switched to You Control Tunes largely because of the above. I am now back for good (YCT was crapped on by a drive crash, backup did not fix YCT and can not be reinstalled as their registration system is totally unworkable - requires server contact and their domain is gone). I tried other apps and nothing comes close. SO I tried Synergy again and found solutions.

1) On the RAM use. D'oh! That high number was for the System Preferences app itself which of course is not needed to always be running. Du-uh.

2) Make a couple simple Automator apps which when opened will start/quit iTunes/Synergy. To get to just Synergy itself all one needs to do is point the Automator Open Application action to Synergy>Package Contents>Preference Panes>Synergy.prefPane>Package Contents>Helpers>Synergy.

Regarding #1, Synergy itself uses very minimal RAM. Nevertheless I prefer 0 RAM since I can go a day or so without using Synergy. Doing #2 solves this.

So ... SO much thanks for Synergy all these years later!

2. Greg Hurrell

Haha. Cool story. Glad to hear you're happy.

3. Fuga

I am very happy. But a bit confused and haven't found a reference. When did Wincent Colaiuta become Greg Hurrell?

4. Greg Hurrell

"Wincent Colaiuta" is a long-term Internet nickname that I've used for a couple of decades(!), but I've gradually been moving away from it.

5. Fuga

Ha ha. Thanks for the history.