Starting Synergy

1. Fuga

After a LONG hiatus I am trying Synergy (v5) again, and am wondering if I'm missing something.

I see that I can elect to have Synergy load at startup. The only other way I can see is to open Synergy Preferences and then click Start.

The first is a waste of resources (50 MB of Real memory just doing nothing).

The second is a complicated issue. I would prefer to have Synergy start when iTumes starts and end likewise.

What am I missing, or are those two options my only ones.

2. Greg Hurrell

In order to have Synergy start when iTunes start, you'd need another process that runs all the time watching to see when iTunes starts. So, we could make another process that did that, but if we're going to have an always-running background process we may as well just run Synergy. There are options to make it go out of sight when iTunes isn't active.

Sorry about the memory usage. Synergy has had that memory footprint for close to a decade now, but there are no known leaks (ie. memory usage is stable over time), so it is unlikely that there'll be any significant changes to that footprint moving forward.