Transfer cover to iTunes - doesn't work?

1. anonymous

Hi. Trying out Synergy primarily to automatically retrieve artwork for me. The artwork is being correctly show in the floater, but doesn't update in iTunes.

Could this be because I tell iTunes *not* to copy my music from remote (SMB/NFS) shares and not to organise my music? I keep it all on a server.

If so is there any way in Synergy (or can someone recommend another program) which will semi-automatically retrieve artwork and make it available within iTunes?

Thanks!

2. Greg Hurrell

At the moment the transfer is not automatic. See this recent forum topic for more.

It probably never will be entirely automatic, due to the possibility of errors, but there are tickets in the issue tracker (for example, ticket #459) which talk about ways to streamline the process beyond the existing "Transfer cover to iTunes" menu item.

One of the ideas for streamlining is that instead of having to do this for each individual cover, you would be able to see a gallery of all covers and easily select multiple ones that you want to transfer over in one hit.

3. anonymous

Thanks for the reply Wincent. Maybe I wasn't clear - I wasn't assuming any automation here and maybe my last sentence was misleading. I'm using "Transfer cover to iTunes" and it's not showing up in iTunes.

4. Greg Hurrell

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm going to see if I can reproduce the problem here.

5. Calion

I'm having this issue as well. Is there a fix, or am I doing something wrong?

6. Calion

This is still true with Synergy 4.5.2, iTunes 11.3, and OS X 10.6.8. When I choose "Transfer cover to iTunes," the cover never transfers.