Shuffle Functionality Sometimes Not Available

1. ubrgeek

Does "shuffle" need to be turned on in iTunes before it becomes an option in the 'iTunes" portion of the pull-down menu? It seems to be hit-or-miss for when it's an option. (Sorry for the two posts, but trying to see if Synergy does exactly what I need before buying it. Thx.)

2. Greg Hurrell

That menu option should work whenever the corresponding button works in iTunes.

In other words, there may be some playlist or source types for which it doesn't work (for example, in the iTunes Music Store), but it should work in normal playlists. Likewise the hot key for toggling shuffle on and off should work too.

If it doesn't work like you expect, please provide more details so that I can investigate; but my belief is that is works (I think that menu item has been in place for at least a couple of years now, maybe even three, and there haven't been any bugs reported for it).

3. ubrgeek

OK, I'll keep playing with it. Thx. One very last question, if I may - Can Synergy recognize Shared played lists? I've got one that lets me stream music from another box on my network and shows up under the "Shared" playlist in iTunes. However, it doesn't seem to show up under the Playlist menu list.

4. Greg Hurrell

At the moment I can't confirm this as I don't have another machine right now on the local network. I suspect that the shared playlist won't show up in the list but you should still be able to see the track information when playing from it.