10.4.9 with Synergy 3.1

1. micmac

Hi, I have a problem... Since I'm under os 10.4.9, synergy buttons don't appeared in my menu bar... If someone can help me or explain me whait's the problem...

mic froms paris, france

2. heavyboots

I'm running 10.4.9 (Combo updater) on a G5 in the US with no problems.

Here's some routine maintenance-type stuff you could try:

[1] Check whether manually starting Synergy from the System Prefs helps. Also, is it only the menu bar or is Synergy running but not showing them? Can you use hotkeys still? Do you see the track floater?

[2] Try repairing permissions/verifying the directory of your startup disk with Disk Utility.

[3] Use a utility like Onyx to empty your caches (Cleaning icon->Caches tab->User/Application/Font/System caches should be checked. You'll have to restart afterwards.)

[4] If you did the delta updater via Sofware Update, you might try downloading the Combo updater and running that manually, but that is pretty last-ditch if everything else is still working correctly, so I wouldn't do it without a full backup, etc.

Best of luck and hope that helps...

3. Greg Hurrell

Good advice, heavyboots. Plus some other basic trouble-shooting tips that often work whenever you encounter unexpected behaviour (in any application, not just Synergy):

try logging out/loggin intry rebootingtry from another user account on the same machinetry reinstalling the software in questiontry quitting the application, removing the preferences file (in the case of Synergy this is "Library/Preferences/org.wincent.Synergy.plist" inside your home folder), then restarting the application (to see if the preference file is corrupt)

These are just some taken from the tips at:

https://wincent.dev/s/bugs/