Synergy Artwork

1. onelivewire

I am runnning an Intel iMac with a Gig of RAM. While using this software I was impressed with its versatility and great way to view track info while doing other work. But, after running it for a few hours, I noticed that, when a song that didn't have album art in iTunes came up, a question mark would be displayed in place of the album cover. I made sure the "Album Cover (requires internet)" item was selected under "Graphic:" Still, I would get the "?" Checking the Album Art Files, the Art was there. I also found that if I skipped 1 track or more backwards, and then that many forwards, the album art would be displayed. Please help!

Thank you,

Erich Spiewak

espiewak@comcast.net

2. Greg Hurrell

The album art searches occur in the background and are not instantaneous. Basically what happens is queries are placed in a queue and periodically fired off to the Amazon servers. This is necessary because in the past Amazon has complained about the number of queries being generated by Synergy users, given that no one ever uses the "Buy from Amazon" item in the Global menu. In fact, they even blocked access to Amazon for a period of a few months back in 2003, breaking the cover downloads feature and requiring me to make the changes.

So what this means in practice is that you may not notice album art arriving in real time, but the next time you play a track you might well find that the album art has been downloaded.

The is a bug report in the bugs database for the way in which you can skip tracks forwards/backwards to force Synergy to recognize the arrival of art that's been downloaded in the background:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=94

This should really happen automatically so I am going to try and get it fixed for version 3.0.

3. mrkwst

Sometimes the artwork downloaded is totally wrong, whereas I have the correct artwork in iTunes. Is there someway to correct this?

4. Greg Hurrell

Take a look at "What if Synergy downloads the wrong cover?" on this page:

https://wincent.dev/a/products/synergy-classic/album-covers/

I am working on a user interface to make handling covers much easier (cycling through possible matches, correcting false matches, mass-assigning etc).