Turning off display floater

1. cmlewan

I don't succeed in switching off the "Display floater when iTunes track changes" in 2.4. I don't know if there was the same problem in 2.3. Or if I miss something completely...

2. Greg Hurrell

The "Floater" in question is probably being displayed by another application, not Synergy. I suggest you check to see what other source might be responsible. Growl springs to mind as the most likely candidate.

3. cmlewan

Well, I do have Growl running, but I get two floaters, one from Growl and one from Synergy. The floater from Synergy is obviously from Synergy because I recognize the symbol with the red triangle. Might there be a problem when you have Growl installed that somehow makes it impossible to turn off the Synergy floater in System Prefs? Just an idea...

4. Greg Hurrell

Without seeing a screenshot I can't really be sure what you're seeing but I can't see how Growl could interfere with Synergy and prevent it from turning of its own floater. I suggest you look at your Growl preferences and see what notifications are enabled and what ones are disabled. Sounds like you've got multiple sources telling Growl to display the notifications and you'll need to sort that out in the Growl preference pane.

5. fuzbox

I was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy - I have both growl and synergy and I thought it was synergy displaying the second notification (even though the option was turned off) - turns out it was QuickSilver - you may want to check and see if you have that installed.