Frequently Asked Questions
Synergy won't run on the version of macOS I'm using
See "What's the difference between the different versions?" for information about how Synergy versions map onto macOS versions. See this GitHub issue for information on unsupported macOS versions.
I've lost my serial number
Synergy won't launch at login anymore
My serial number doesn't work
You must enter your serial number and your email address exactly as they appear on your license notice. If you modify the serial number or the email address in any way then they won't be accepted. Trying copying and pasting to minimize the risk of mistakes.
What's the difference between the different versions?
The short version:
- Synergy 3.3 was a once-off freebie given away by MacHeist as part of their 2008 "Giving Tree" promotion.
- Synergy 3.4 was a previous entry in the "stable" series, prior to the release of Snow Leopard. It required Mac OS X 10.2.8.
- Synergy 3.5 was an "alpha/experimental" series which is no longer actively developed. It required Mac OS X 10.5.8.
- Synergy versions in the 4.x series were a 32-bit application requiring Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Synergy 5.0 is a 64-bit application that requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Synergy 6.0 is the first free version of Synergy and requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, or OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
See this blog post for further information.
I still need help
Additional documentation can be found on the old version of the site.