Check if you don't have an older version of command-t in ~/.vim/plugin. I had, and it disrupted my installation via pathogen; after clearing ~/.vim/plugin everything works fine.
No, i have nothing in .vim/plugin and still have the same problem
Would be interesting for you to look at the contents of the command-t/ruby/command-t/controller.rb file. It should have define the show_file_finder method (ie. def show_file_finder). If it doesn't, as the error message is suggesting, then you somehow have the wrong version of the file.
I saw that 1872 was closed and so don't want to open a new one and adding my issue in this thread:
I am on Ubuntu 10.10 and am having ruby 1.9.2 installed in my system, then installed RVM and have both 1.8.7 and 1.9.2 (several patches). I installed Command-T** but am running into the following issue when I try to run Command-T (using <Leader>-t) the following appears in the vim command bar (at the bottom):
Error detected while processing function <SNR>32_CommandTShowFileFinder line 2: [There is nothing after the colon] NoMethodError: undefined method 'match' for nil:NilClass
* The only thing I didn't do is to ensure my system Ruby is 1.8.7. Instead I went to root folder, issued
rvm use ruby-1.8.7 --default ensured it was on 1.8.7 ("which ruby") and proceeded with the installation (go to ~/.vim/ruby/command-t ....)
I badly want to use this awesome plugin, but I am not sure what I need to do to get this working in my box.
Will this work only if my system Ruby is 1.8.7? I ran a command to check how vim was compiled and it showed "1.8.7". I was not having 1.8.7 till today (either in system or rvm) and when I ran into the segfault error (that occurs when you install command-T using 1.9.2 and vim was compiled using 1.8.7), I then installed 1.8.7 using rvm hoping it would help. Apparently, it doesn't.
Command-T will work with either 1.8.7 or 1.9.2 with two provisos:
both Command-T and Vim must be built with the same version
the version of Vim that comes on 11.04 has a known bug in its Ruby support — not sure whether the same issue exists in Ubuntu 10.10 — so you may need to update your Vim to get a version without buggy Ruby support
I built Vim from source and Command-T on Ubuntu the other day using RVM and 1.8.7 without any problems.