WinSwitch 3.0b Menu inclusions...

1. anonymous

Is there a way to remove the "Show" menu from the menu list? It would be nice to not have direct access to a submenu of "show Root User" right in the submenu of the main menu. If the "show" menu could be turned on/off in the prefs, that woul d be great. I don't seem to remember this being permanent in the previous release of WinSwitch. 3.0 seems a bit snappier! Thanks.

2. Greg Hurrell

No, the "Show" menu has been in there since version 1.1 (version 1.0 only showed the standard icon, and there were no other options hence no need for a menu).

I put the "Show" menu in there because it's consistent with the pattern that you see in Apple's official menu extras. In order to take it out (or even offer the option to take it out), I'd want to know that there was a reasonable demand for the change, seeing as it would be a departure from the Apple style.

I encourage you to open this up as a feature request in the bugs database; that way other users can vote for the change and I can gauge demand for the feature.