FUS and the Screensaver

1. anonymous

Can WinSwitch be configured as my ScreenSaver? Instead of running a screensaver from my user account, I would like my user account to run the Fast User Switch. It would be great if the Login screen could run a screensaver when needed... Any ideas?

2. Greg Hurrell

Not sure exactly what you're asking for here.

Did you know that in the System Preferences (Security pane) you can set your computer to log out if left unattended for a certain while? (Admittedly this won't run a screen saver while the login screen is showing.)

In the same security pane you can instruct the system to ask you for a password when trying to leave the screen save. If you turn on Apple's Fast User Switching menu, then a "Switch Users" button will appear in that password dialog, allowing you to get back to the login screen. (Obviously, if you turn Apple's Fast User Switching menu on when WinSwitch is installed, you'll wind up with two menus. Quit the System Preferences and command-drag the Apple FUS menu out of the menu bar. The functionality of the "Switch Users" button will remain intact.)

As for actually displaying a screen saver over the login screen, that's beyond the scope of WinSwitch. You'll have to file a feedback request with Apple.

3. anonymous

No, I wasn't aware of that. This is very helpful.

Thanks!