Console error message?

1. anonymous

WinSwitch 1.4.1 seems to work just fine, but every time my machine reboots (Panther 10.3.4) the following message gets logged to the Console: what gives?

SystemUIServer[340] failed to load Menu Extra: NSBundle </Library/Menu Extras/WinSwitch.menu/Contents/Resources/MenuCracker.menu> (loaded)

2. Greg Hurrell

This message is produced during normal operation of the MenuCracker menu extra enabler. MenuCracker is an opensource project hosted over at Source Forge; here is a link if you are interested in learning more about it. The project description is "Building a small bundle for MacOS X 10.2 in order to support menu extras in the same way they were supported in MacOS X 10.1".

It's necessary to use MenuCracker (or another third-party menu extra enabler, such as the one from Unsanity) in order to use WinSwitch and be able to drag it around the menu bar while holding down the command key.

I chose to not use the Unsanity enabler, because it requires their APE system.

3. gian

in my Panther 10.3.7 I receive: SystemUIServer[272] failed to load Menu Extra: NSBundle </Users/gian/Library/Preferences/AliasMenu Prefs/MenuExtras/MenuCracker.menu> (not yet loaded)

anyway winswitch (3.0.1) works fine, but I'm wordering why menu cracker is "not yet loaded"....

I tried to sobstitute with last release of menucracker, but the result is the same..

bye and thanks for this sw!!

4. Greg Hurrell

Off the top of my head, don't know what the difference is, although the answer might be found in the Menu Cracker source.

Speaking of which, I hope it gets updated for Tiger... I don't think WinSwitch will work on Tiger without it, and hackery is not my speciality!