Synergy Floater in Lion - missing some album covers

1. anonymous

Just moved to OS 10.7 and it seems that some of my album covers are not appearing in the floater. Has anyone else observed this?

2. anonymous

All of my album cover art is missing, too — the Album Covers folder in Application Support's Synergy folder is completely empty now. Running 10.7, iTunes 10.4. Everything worked fine in previous to upgrading to 10.7.

3. anonymous

Same for me!

4. Greg Hurrell

There's a ticket in the issue tracker of this. See bug #1844.

5. anonymous

Any updates on this? The bug hasn't had any activity since it was filed.

6. Greg Hurrell

If there were any updates, they'd be in the bug #1844. I try to keep all information about any given issue in a single place.

But no, there is no news to report yet.

7. anonymous

I read the bug report more carefully. It does appear Apple broke some API for fetching iTunes album art. Other apps I'm using are suffering from the same common problem. The only apps that seem to work are those that can parse the iTunes library file and behave as their own standalone players with no dependencies on iTunes.app itself, and Synergy doesn't fall in this category.

Thanks for the update.

8. gary1

any fix with iTunes 10.4.1? I'm using 10.5 but it might be worth the downgrade if its ok.

9. anonymous

Seems not to be an API issue.

My files all have embedded artwork (i.e. it transfers if I transfer the file on a pc and I read it, for example, with Winamp, or VLC) but artwork in Synergy are missing.

Also, with Lion, only files in the iTunes folder are shown with the artwork in Finder. All other files show the standard "tune" icon.

10. anonymous

I think I have read all that there is to read here about this issue. Is there a pending fix???

Alex

11. anonymous

Hello,

I also have this issue. Since upgrading to Lion, the Synergy floater just shows a question mark. Most of my iTunes music has embedded album art, but even the ones with the external Synergy-obtained art don't show anything.

cheers, Mike

12. anonymous

Same problem here and patiently waiting for a fix..... :)

13. anonymous

This is a shame. I guess its the end of the road for Synergy? No updates since 2/11.

14. Greg Hurrell

Any progress made towards resolving this issue will be posted on bug #1844. Please post any relevant comments there. Closing this topic so as to keep all discussion of this issue centralized in one location.