2 song notification boxs appear

1. anonymous

Hi, this program is awesome and i really think that it is a nice feature but i have one main problem with it. Why is are there 2 notification box's that pop up when you change the song. This second box is annoying and seemingly useless and it cannot be moved and takes up screen space. so is there any way to remove the second box so that just the floater appears when you change songs? Thanks in advance

2. Greg Hurrell

I expect that one of the notifications you're seeing is the Synergy floater (controllable from the Synergy preferences) and the other is probably a Growl notification (to turn that off you'd have to go in to the Growl preference pane in the System Preferences).

I guess from your description that the one you want to turn off is the Growl one. Let me know if you can't figure out how to do that.

3. anonymous

Thanks alot wincent it was Growl. to fix this problem go into system preferences -> growl-> then click the applications tab->select synergy and hit the remove button

I really probably wouldn't have figured this out with out you I just started using mac a week ago :) so I really appreciate the help much love

4. anonymous

Thanks, another person who didn't know what was going on and didn't want the floater and couldn't turn it off through Synergy and was totally confused and is now, once again, a happy bunny.

5. anonymous

Same problem, only I want to use Growl exclusively. I went to the Synergy preferences and turned off "Display floater when iTunes track changes".

However, when I change ratings via Synergy keyboard shortcuts, both growl comes up and a Synergy box in the middle of the lower half of the screen. I want to get rid of the Synergy box, can't find a preference to turn it off!

6. Greg Hurrell

Those notifications that appear in bezels in the middle lower half are controlled by the "Extra visual feedback for play, pause, next etc" setting in the "General" tab.

I probably need to reword that option to make it clear that it's for all bezels, not just the ones listed there. I've opened a bug ticket for that point, bug #1183.