Artwork Not Working At All?

1. mikej

I recently noticed the artwork problem with Synergy and iTunes 7.6, and during troubleshooting trashed all my prefs, album covers etc. After doing this Synergy started getting all of the artwork it was fetching (as in 100% of it) totally wrong, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. I tried updating to the latest 3.5 nightly and still no joy.

Any ideas?

2. Greg Hurrell

Are you sure that you're running iTunes 7.6? I have received reports that artwork retrieval is broken in 7.6.1 and not 7.6; see this report for details:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=601

3. mikej

You're right, it's 7.6.1.

4. ovandalish

i am still can't retrieve artwork from iTunes although update 7.6 and 7.6.1 any ideas?

5. ovandalish

sorry...my bad!! its working.

6. Greg Hurrell

I'm extremely pleased to report that Apple's fixed the issue in iTunes 7.6.2.

7. Greg Hurrell

An update: I've just received an email from a user saying that he's still seeing the problem with 7.6.2. Not sure why this would be the case as for me it was very clearly working in 7.6, broken in 7.6.1, and is now definitely working for me in 7.6.2.

Please add a comment if you can confirm this either way.

8. Liz

I can confirm that this bug still exists with iTunes 7.6.2 on multiple recent Macs.

9. Greg Hurrell

Thanks for the confirmation, Liz.

I've added a new ticket (see bug #668) to track this issue. I didn't want to have to do this but looks like I'll have to insert a small delay before querying iTunes for artwork. I'll make this conditional on 7.6.1/7.6.2 being detected, and will remove the workaround once Apple fixes the bug.

10. anonymous

Artwork is also broken for me. I'm using Synergy 3.2 and 3.5a6 and iTunes 7.6.2. Thanks Wincent!

11. anonymous

Just another confirmation that artwork retrieval is not working for me using Synergy 3.5a6 and iTunes 7.6.2. Looking forward to a fix.

12. anonymous

Confirming bug. Synergy 3.5a6, iTunes 7.6.2

Deleted all references to Synergy (application support , preferences plist, etc) and it still persists.

Thanks for your great program!

13. Greg Hurrell

People who are seeing this problem, please go and visit bug #668.

I have a preview build available which I am hoping can solve his problem, but I need help from testers who can reproduce the bug. For me iTunes 7.6.2 works fine, so I'm not able to actually confirm that the workaround will work; I need some help from testers.

So, head on over to bug #668 for the full story.

14. anonymous

artwork retrieval is not working here... 3.5a7 iTunes 7.6.2

15. Greg Hurrell

Do you mean that artwork is not coming across from iTunes, or that the cover search and download from Amazon isn't working?

16. anonymous

I use iTune 7.6.2, and Synergy 3.2 wasn't fetching album artwork. After updating to 3.2.1b, the artwork works correctly.

17. fabiofava

I was having this problem with Synergy 3.2 and iTunes 7.6.2 until today. I've just downloaded and installed Synergy 3.2.1b and, after Uninstalling and re-installing (for All Users) the covers are back. It's comming instantly, directly from iTunes. The machine is MacBook Pro 2.4 - 4 Gb RAM. It's 100% functional here.