iTunes launching automatically on startup

1. Sam

Hiya,

When synergy (3.5a5) is set to launch at login, iTunes (7.6) automatically starts as well. I haven't been able to figure this out, and am not sure where to look for the problem. I should also say that I'm running Leopard 10.5.2, though the problem also happened under 10.5.1. It seems to have just started when I upgraded synergy from Synergy 3.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, ~Sam

2. Greg Hurrell

That's being tracked here:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=639

3. Civrock

Is there an ETA for a fix? I have Synergy set to start at launch and iTunes starting with it (I guess unintentionally) is causing the startup time of my Mac to be much longer than usual. I know I could just remove Synergy from startup until the next build but I use it too often to bother starting it manually after every reboot.

4. Greg Hurrell

Next week I'm migrating hosting providers so I don't want to do a release until after the move (I don't want to provoke a wave of traffic right now, just in case something goes wrong).

But this is basically the number-one issue that's I'd like to fix for the next release. (Even more than that I'd like to fix the NSAppleScript crashes, but that one is still a bit of a mystery to me and I haven't figured out the best solution yet).

So I'd say look for the next release in early March.

5. anonymous

There doesn't seem to be a fix for this yet? Please prove me wrong?

6. Greg Hurrell

Anonymous, as far as I know this problem isn't actually a problem any more.

At least, in my testing it doesn't happen. I recommend you switch to the 3.2 series anyway because their is an Apple bug that's holding up further releases in the 3.5 series (see ticket #640).

As for ticket #639, seeing a I can't reproduce the problem I think I'll be closing it.