Recently played tracks

1. Tony Vipros

Hi,

I've been very happy with Synergy, and have trashed iscrobbler in favour of Synergy's last.fm support. However i've noticed a feature of iscrobbler that Synergy doesn't have; the ability to use the recently played playlist to submit tracks that are played on my iPod while it's not connected to the computer.I rarely play tracks in iTunes anymore and mainly use my iPod in my car or with headphones, and these tracks are not being submitted by Synergy. I was wondering if this is a feature that might be included in the next Synergy update.

Thanks

2. Greg Hurrell

I do plan to implement this at some point in the future:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=517

Right now working on documentation.

3. zerock

awesome, i want this feature, as i use both iscrobbler and synergy

4. Eto

Bump! Any news on getting this feature into the Synergy code base? This is the one feature I'm really missing.

5. Greg Hurrell

This is going to be a post-Leopard thing seeing as I will be using Leopard as an excuse to start introducing post-Jaguar features (Synergy was released when Jaguar was the latest and greatest and I've maintained compatibility with Jaguar ever since then).

So I'll continue to maintain the Jaguar branch with bug fixes for users still running the now-ancient version of the OS, but feature development will occur in new versions which rely on newer releases of Mac OS X.

To implement this feature I'll be using a Core Data backing store, which is a Tiger-only thing. This and other stuff will start to trickle out when I start shipping the new builds, which will happen once Leopard goes public (next month, supposedly).