Synergy not loading on startup

1. zeroboo

Hi,

I have ticked the 'Launch Synergy at Login' button in the preference pane of Synergy but the program still fails to launch on startup.

I am the only user of the computer, i therefore do not require any login at startup. Is there any other way to launch the program at startup? i am finding it quite a chore to launch the program from the system preference pane everytime i wish to use it.

I do love the neat little program though

Justin

2. Greg Hurrell

The most common reasons why Synergy will not launch at login include the following:

a. You might not be using the latest version

b. Your "login items" might be out-of-date, and pointing at an older version of Synergy

c. You might have installed a new version of Synergy, but you left the old version on the system as well.

So, the way to get Synergy to launch at login is therefore:

1. Ensure you have installed the latest version of Synergy. Make sure you have not left any old copies of the software in another location on your system (for example, in /Library/PreferencePanes/ or ~/Library/PreferencePanes/).

2. In the Synergy preferences, un-check the "Launch at login" preference and click "Apply", then re-check it and click "Apply". This forces any old or stale entries in your login items to be updated.