automatic relaunch of iTunes

1. kkay

Hello,

The problem I'm having with Synergy is that after I quit the iTunes application, it is automatically relaunched after a few seconds. If I turn off Synergy and try to quit iTunes, the auto relaunch does not happen. So I'm pretty sure it's Synergy, not iTunes; besides, this bug started to occur right after I upgraded for 3.1. I am a purchaed user of the program and using a few hot keys to play/pause and skip tracks. Currently I'm using an intel-based mac book.

Thanks,

2. endless

I am also experiencing this issue.

MacBook C2D OS X 10.4.8 iTunes 7.0.2

3. Greg Hurrell

Are you running any other program that in any way communicates with or complements iTunes?

4. endless

No, I am not. The only other thing running even remotely related to iTunes or Synergy is Growl.

5. Greg Hurrell

To isolate the cause of the problem I'd recommend following the basic troubleshooting steps outlined here:

https://wincent.dev/s/bugs/

6. kkay

Nope. I've tried pretty much everything from the troubleshooting, but nothing's working.

Now I'm more than certain that my issue is caused by the lastest version of Synergy. Do you have a link I can download the previous version? I had had absolutely no problem with the product until I downloaded the 3.1. This bug is starting to get very annoying. Not to mention it took a very long time to finally get a response from somebody. This IS a great support.

7. Greg Hurrell

So I take it you've been able to reproduce the problem after trashing your preferences? Trying from another user account etc? If so, it really is extremely surprising.

The previous version is no longer on the server but if you contact me privately with your email address I can email you a copy. I really don't think it should make a difference though.

In terms of getting a response to support queries, you can always open a support ticket (in the navigation bar above, "Support" -> "Support tickets"). The usual response time for such tickets is within a few hours, almost always within 24 hours, and in extreme cases (for example, if I am away for the weekend) at most a couple of days. I do read these forums but this thread must have slipped under my radar.

8. tinsun

I'm not sure if this is related, but I've noticed the same thing: iTunes is relaunching a minute after closing it, but it only happens one time. I hadn't begun to look into it when I stumbled upon this post, looking for something else. At any rate, I noticed these lines in the console log almost exactly one minute after closing iTunes, and seeing it start again:

2007-03-05 16:30:04.138 Synergy[5951] Audioscrobbler: Submission timer fired; will double-check that current track position matches expected value 2007-03-05 16:30:13.400 Synergy[5951] Audioscrobbler: Position does not match (user must have skipped); will not submit to Audioscrobbler

I'll see if that occurs next time it happens as well.