Issue with Track Change items

1. neilio

No matter how I save my applescript (with or without startup screen) I constantly get this dialogue appearing when the Track Changes items are run:

Also, this appears consistently if I assign a rating to a track using Synergy.

Is there any way to stop this dialogue from appearing?

You can view the Applescript I'm running here.

2. Greg Hurrell

I believe that you should be able to control whether the dialog appears or not...

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=424

3. neilio

No - it's definitely a bug with the way Synergy runs applescripts as I've definitely saved my script without the startup screen. I also had this issue with the scripts that were included in the last release without opening or altering them in any way.

4. Greg Hurrell

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this issue. I don't think it's "a bug with the way Synergy runs AppleScripts"; all Synergy does is tell the Finder to open them (ie. it is equivalent to double-clicking them). What happens when you double-click your scripts manually?

I wonder what the difference is between your set-up and the one of the person who filed bug #424 and who was able to resolve the problem by saving his AppleScript with the appropriate settings...

5. neilio

I can't reproduce this issue by manually running the script, even after dozens of tries. That's what makes me wonder if there's something specific about how Synergy runs the scripts themselves.

That said, it would be much better if Synergy didn't require the scripts to be compiled as applications...

6. Greg Hurrell

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=303

7. hvanryzin

Hello all - I just had to do a system re-install, and had to re-install synergy as well. In doing so, I stumbled upon the track change items, and installed the auto rate following the instuctions on the PDF. Made a new folder in Synergy application support called Track Change Items, restarted iTunes and Synergy, and.... nothing happened! I realize that the PDF specifies that the script is for iTunes 4.7, and I am currently running 6.0.5 - do the track change items no longer work for the current version of iTunes?

THank you for your help!

8. Greg Hurrell

Quote: Hello all - I just had to do a system re-install, and had to re-install synergy as well. In doing so, I stumbled upon the track change items, and installed the auto rate following the instuctions on the PDF. Made a new folder in Synergy application support called Track Change Items, restarted iTunes and Synergy, and.... nothing happened! I realize that the PDF specifies that the script is for iTunes 4.7, and I am currently running 6.0.5 - do the track change items no longer work for the current version of iTunes?

I haven't tested the track change items lately so I don't know if the sample scripts have any incompatibilities with later versions of iTunes. I can confirm though that the code in Synergy for scanning the track change items folders hasn't changed.

Are you sure your track change items folder is named correctly (ie. correct case) and that's it has appropriate permissions (ie. not world-writable)?

9. hvanryzin

Thank you so much for the quick response! I double checked the folder name: Track Change Items (with the spaces and capitalization). I switched permissions for the file to read only and re-started everything. Sadly, no luck. I still LOVE synergy though!

Thank you

10. Greg Hurrell

Anything printed to the console when tracks change? (Errors, warnings etc.)

Does the script work when you double-click it? (If it doesn't work when you double-click it then it won't work when Synergy tries to launch it either.)

11. Drax008

This is the message coming from the console: 2006-12-05 23:30:22.895 Synergy[236] Auto-launched item "/Users/drax008/Library/Application Support/Synergy/Track Change Items/AutoRate.app" 2006-12-05 23:30:22.910 Synergy[236] Error obtaining process information 2006-12-05 23:30:22.914 Synergy[236] Error obtaining process information 2006-12-05 23:30:22.926 Synergy[236] Error obtaining process information 2006-12-05 23:30:22.929 Synergy[236] Error obtaining process information

It seems that the Autorate app doesn't work with iTunes anymore, but it's not a problem with Synergy. We may need to get these applets updated.