iTunes 7 Skipped Track does not increment

1. Paul Turnbull

When I use Synergy to skip a track the new skipped track fields do not update in iTunes 7.

2. tikilab

Well, seeing as "Skip Count" has only been public for a day or so, I can understand why it's not supported yet...

3. Greg Hurrell

Strange, I would have expected iTunes to handle that automatically. Synergy is sending a "next track" Apple Event, so you'd expect iTunes to automatically increment the counter.

Actually, I'm not sure what the counter is supposed to mean at all... in my tests when I skip tracks from within iTunes (when Synergy is not even running) the counter does not update. This when playing in the main library, shuffle turned off.

Anyone know what I have to do to get it to update? When is it supposed to update?

4. Paul Turnbull

I just did some testing and for me using the forward button will cause the skip count to increment if I have not manually moved forward in the song.

It does seem odd that a next track apple event does not cause the counter to increment.

5. Greg Hurrell

An issue has been opened in the bug and feature requests database:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=469

If possible, please try and add any further comments to the bug database, so that all the information relating to this issue is in one place.

6. Paul Turnbull

Thanks Wincent!

7. Elio Grieco

I think there is confusion as to what skipped means.

When I am in the Party Shuffle playlist and I skip forward (even through Synergy) the skipped count updates if the song has only been playing for about 10 seconds but, not if I'm half way through. Also, if I skip backwards and then forward again the count does not increment.

Unfortunately I do not know what the rules are but I suspect they are a lot more complicated than "every time you skip forward".