Single license?

1. vnj85

Is it possible to purchase just a single license of synergy 2.9?

Seeing that I own just 1 mac, and Synergy Advance is on it's way in the soon future..

2. Greg Hurrell

I'm not sure if I entirely understand your question, but if you mean that you'd like to pay for a license for Synergy Advance but also receive a Synergy license to use while waiting for Synergy Advance to hit 1.0 that can be arranged.

If that is the case, go ahead with the Synergy Advance purchase and then [ulr=https://wincent.dev/a/contact/mail/]contact me[/url] and let me know; I'll generate an interim Synergy license for you and send it via email.

3. vnj85

To clarify what I ment: For Synergy I only see the option for 5-licenses or 10-licenses, I would prefer Synergy right now because it is a solid build fully functional. However both options are expensive for me. I only own 1 Mac(MPB) and my paypal is in canadian money. So in anticipation for "Synergy Advance" official release, I guess thats 1.0. (which i know i will want to upgrade to) Is there a cheaper option to purchase 1 license for Synergy.

However from what your saying to me, I should just purchase 1 Synergy Advance, and you'll give me a Synergy license until Synergy Advanced is released. Then Once Synergy Advance is published I will be given a Synergy Advanced serial?

Have I gotten it right?

4. Greg Hurrell

You can get single user licenses for either product.

Synergy, single-user, PayPal, 5

5. vnj85

thanks, really enjoy your product.

p.s. (ever thought about selling your product to Apple? or patenting it? so there wont be nockoffs like "SizzlingKey's").

6. Greg Hurrell

Quote: thanks, really enjoy your product.

p.s. (ever thought about selling your product to Apple? or patenting it? so there wont be nockoffs like "SizzlingKey's").

Well, there are already many, many, many Synergy copy-cats out there so it's too late for patents. And being a small, one-man shop I don't think patents are really viable (too expensive to acquire and then defend them). And finally, lots of "bad guys" use software patents for evil, not for good, and so even if you mean to use patents "for good", you end up tacitly supporting a system that hurts you and all users in the end because it stifles innovation and encourages predatory, litigious "business models".

As for Apple buying it, they're welcome to make me an offer! But I think Apple generally doesn't buy such things, rather it just makes their own versions of the ideas.