Synergy 2.9 release

1. Greg Hurrell

Announcement here:

https://wincent.dev/a/news/archives/2006/06/synergy_29_avai.php

2. heavyboots

Big thanks to John Burgess & Wincent for the "Load artwork from Synergy" script included on the 2.9 disk image! Really cool, but I wanted it to do the entire album for each selected song, so I hacked some changes into it.

In hopes it may help others, anyone wants to fiddle with the results can download it below:

Load Artwork for Entire Album from Synergy

I saved it as an applet (editable) so that it can be hotkey triggered to launch from MaxMenus, btw. If you want to view the script contents, drag and drop it on Script Editor in the Dock. Finally! A relatively painless way to add all the album covers I've been missing over the years...

Details: Basically, I limited the selection to be one item exactly now and then inserted a bit of code that says to "set fullAlbum to every track whose (album = theAlbum) and (arist = theArtist)". Then I set the repeat loop to run on every item of fullAlbum instead of selection.

Caveats: I overrode the artwork check--I think the script will now always replace item 1 of artwork with the Synergy results. I've tested this on my machine for a couple hours with no problems so far, and done about 20 albums with no issues, but there are no guarantees, YMMV, etc etc etc.

Many thanks again to John for this script and I hope this helps others.

3. Greg Hurrell

Great to see the contribution, heavyboots!