Wrong cover art.

1. zubadeh

I hope I don't get flamed, I looked at the other posts and didn't see anything that quite answers my question but I sure saw a lot of people get flamed for a question. O.K. problem some times Synergy grabs the wrong album cover. I have however been scanning my album art and easily fixed the problem in iTunes but Synergy still shows the wrong cover. How do I correct Synergy on those rare occasions it makes an error? On an aside Synergy is pretty awesome it's errors are very rare and it accepts the covers I've scanned as I add them to iTunes for the ones it can't find. Great little app. Worth the license fee

2. Greg Hurrell

Quote: I hope I don't get flamed, I looked at the other posts and didn't see anything that quite answers my question but I sure saw a lot of people get flamed for a question.

I haven't seen any flames. Which threads are you referring to? Quote: O.K. problem some times Synergy grabs the wrong album cover. I have however been scanning my album art and easily fixed the problem in iTunes but Synergy still shows the wrong cover. How do I correct Synergy on those rare occasions it makes an error?

Synergy continues to use the art it downloaded and saved in the "~/Library/Application Support/Synergy/Album Covers/" folder. It does this because retrieving the art from iTunes every single time is fairly CPU intensive and wasteful (in Synergy Advance the transfer engine is a little more efficient so it actually *does* pull the art across whenever it thinks it might have changed). The way to get Synergy to use the new art is to delete it from that folder. When the affected song is playing choose "Show Album Covers Folder..." from the Global Menu and the corresponding album cover will be revealed and automatically selected in the Finder which makes it pretty easy to delete. The next time you play the song Synergy will grab the correct art that you inserted into iTunes. Quote: On an aside Synergy is pretty awesome it's errors are very rare

The accuracy is a function of how good your ID3 tags are. The more accurate they are, the more likely the search will produce the correct result. Unfortunately the UI is a bit limited and it's not so easy to step in and correct things on those occasions where things are wrong. I have a number of things in the download module of Synergy Advance which make it easy to intervene on those occasions where the first search result isn't the one you were looking for.

3. zubadeh

Thanx for the help. I have printed this out so I can make my fixes.