Installing 0.4

1. jamie f

Hello, sorry if this is a silly question but I can't install 0.4 as it always says the previous version is in use, even after I've quit it. How do I get round this or quit properly?

2. Greg Hurrell

You might have a copy of the synergyd daemon running the background. Have a look in the Activity Monitor (in Applications/Utilities/) if there is any process running with "synergy" in the name. That would probably be enough to prevent you from overwriting an old copy with another one, as the system won't let you destroy an application that's running at the time.

3. jamie f

Ah yes, 'synergyd' was still hanging around. Got it, thanks! I think I'm running the latest build now, tho when I 'Check for Updates' it still says there is a newer version. Does it only check for stable releases or will the Beta count as an upgrade?

4. Greg Hurrell

I think the current behaviour is to advise of new versions whenever the numeric part of the version number changes; ie. 0.4, 0.5 etc. Merely going from 0.4b1 to 0.4b2, for example, wouldn't result in a notification. I'm not entirely sure of this though as I don't have the code in front of me right now.

The latest version is currently 0.5.1b.