Playlists are wierd in Synergy

1. Mark

Hi, I purchased Synergy Advance and like many of the features it will offer however playlists are working/not working and are totally wierd.

The whole point of playlists is to allow you to play a set of songs you like. Synergy Advance allows me to see and select a song from a playlist and it will start playing (most of the time... sometimes this doesn't even work!). This is great. Exactly what I wanted (when it works of course).

My keyboard has function keys that iTunes works with to play/pause/skip track etc. When I use the play/pause button play will pause. But then I hit it again, instead of being in the playlist I was in, Synergy Advance will jump out of the playlist and into some some probably in library order. This is bad!

Also when I select a song in a playlist I expect iTunes to keep playing from that playlist. When it is selected from Synergy Advance it plays that one song then stops.

Mark

2. Greg Hurrell

Originally Posted By: MarkHi, I purchased Synergy Advance and like many of the features it will offer however playlists are working/not working and are totally wierd.

The whole point of playlists is to allow you to play a set of songs you like. Synergy Advance allows me to see and select a song from a playlist and it will start playing (most of the time... sometimes this doesn't even work!). This is great. Exactly what I wanted (when it works of course).

My keyboard has function keys that iTunes works with to play/pause/skip track etc. When I use the play/pause button play will pause. But then I hit it again, instead of being in the playlist I was in, Synergy Advance will jump out of the playlist and into some some probably in library order. This is bad!

This is a bug in iTunes, but Synergy Advance provides a work around that can be used to avoid the bug:

https://wincent.dev/a/support/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=298

Quote:Also when I select a song in a playlist I expect iTunes to keep playing from that playlist. When it is selected from Synergy Advance it plays that one song then stops.

I'll have to look into this one. When you select a song from a playlist in Synergy Advance, Synergy Advance sends iTunes a request of the form, "Play track X of playlist Y". I wrote it that way because I basically expected iTunes to "do the right thing" with such a request.

It sounds like what you want Synergy Advance to do is send a slightly different command (two commands, actually), of the form, "Switch to playlist Y and then play track X".

I think that for many people the latter behaviour may be more intuitive, but it should be a user-settable preference because there will certainly be others that will prefer the existing behaviour.

I will open a feature request for this in the database: