Menu Bar Controls

1. uncle ned

I've lost the menu bar controls; only the blue musical note icon shows up. How do I restore the forward/play/reverse menu bar icons?

2. Greg Hurrell

Synergy Advance doesn't (yet) have those menu bar controls. Synergy has them, and it runs perfectly well alongside Synergy Advance.

Two things will happen in the future: firstly (soon), I'll be shipping a plug-in that allows users to use Synergy button sets in Synergy Advance; secondly (later), I'll be shipping the skinning/theming module for Synergy Advance which will allow much more sophisticated customized menu bar controls.

3. uncle ned

Does that mean that for now I also have to buy Synergy to get my menu bar controls?

4. Greg Hurrell

No. You can use either on a trial basis for free. Or you can just wait until I add the button sets feature to Synergy Advance. Like I said, this will come in two parts: one (soon) is the ability to use Synergy button sets; the other (later) is the skinning/theming facility which will greatly extend the kinds of things you can put in the menu bar (not just forward/back/play buttons).

Also, if you've already purchased a Synergy Advance license, I'd be happy to issue you with a temporary Synergy license code while you're waiting for that feature to be added. Just contact me directly via email if that's what you want.

https://wincent.dev/a/contact/mail/