registration during beta phase?

1. polymnemonic

I just downloaded the 0.2 public preview and was confronted with the "you can use Synergy Advance for 7 days then you need to register or stop using it".

do the pre-1.0 public previews really stop working after 7 days? or is this just in place in anticipation of the 1.0 release? just curious really, because I am sure that I'll end up purchasing synergy advance (as I did synergy classic after less than the 7 day trial period) just want to know if I can wait on making the purchase until there is version 1.0 or does purchasing during the preview phase help get to version 1.0 faster?

2. Greg Hurrell

As at the time of writing the current version of the public preview doesn't actually stop working, but you will continue to see the reminder window if you don't register.

From a technology perspective it's very difficult (well, impossible) to implement time-limited previews which can't be circumvented by determined crackers. So I haven't really considered spending time on developing that kind of technology to be a very good investment of my time at this stage; for now the reminder window is enough. As I get closer to version 1.0 I will tighten things up a little bit.

You can basically wait on making a purchase decision as long as you like; after all, I want my customers to be fully satisfied with my products. I do appreciate your financial support though. It is a great help.