fetching album art

1. eliah

Can Synergy Advance fetch album art from the internet at the moment, and I've just got it configured wrong or something? If not, I presume that's in the works; any ETA on which release it'll be in?

2. Greg Hurrell

Not yet, but you will be able to do this in the future. You can use Synergy to download the art, and if you import it into iTunes then Synergy Advance will use it.

The art handling will be completely different in Synergy Advance, supporting multiple sources (not just Amazon US) and providing a better UI for managing covers as well as doing things like importing back into iTunes.

I don't have an exact ETA, but it will be pre-1.0. The next release will add the menu bar module, shortly after that you'll see control buttons, floater, and then cover art. At that point Synergy Advance will do everything that Synergy can do and considerably more, and then the real fun begins; I have quite a few more modules lined up after that.

3. itsajeepthing111

Can we get an update on the ETA for album art? def a must need feature (doesn't need to download the art into the file itself, jus needs to display it in Growl notification). Growltunes, which comes for free with Growl 7.4 already has this feature w/ the amazon look up

4. Greg Hurrell

I don't have a specific ETA but we're now much closer, a lot of progress has been made. If you're keen to keep posted you can check my personal weblog where I have been posting progress updates.

Or you can add yourself as CC to a specific feature request in the bugs and feature requests database to be notified of progress on that specific feature.

5. itsajeepthing111

Another free program I just discovered that fetches album art is Corripio v0.2 Apparently it takes the art work from the Itunes Music Store then sets the fetched ablum art to each applicable song individually. Maybe you could utilize the "fetching" aspect for Synergy Advance as it would be a good alternative source, jus thought it was worth mentioning