Upgrade from Synergy to Synergy Advance?

1. anonymous

I'd like to buy Synergy, but I don't want to regret it when Synergy Advance comes out. Will there be a free upgrade available to Synergy users?

2. Greg Hurrell

I haven't yet decided on a pricing structure for Synergy Advance, but it will be a separate product which means two things: firstly, that Synergy itself will continue to exist as a separate product which will be updated independently, and secondly, that there won't be any free Synergy Advance licenses for Synergy licensees.

But I am definitely considering offering discounted Synergy Advance licenses to people who have bought Synergy, because I think it is likely that those who liked Synergy will want to have Synergy Advance too, and it makes good sense to offer an incentive.

If you buy a Synergy license, you will receive free upgrades to that product for the lifetime of the product. But you should also know that there are some features that people have requested (for example, things like Lyric Downloading and Management) which are simply not feasible for me to include in Synergy, and that is why I am developing a separate product. I honestly don't anticipate any ground-breaking changes to Synergy as it exists in its current form.