command-t won't search a directory

1. anonymous

I'm using MacVim (VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Aug 15 2010 22:03:01)) on Mac OS X (10.7.2).

I'm trying to search some folders and it won't search directory named "webservices-analytics". Even if I set path to parent directory of this one, and there's only one sibling, command-t still treats this directory as if it isn't there. The directory in question contains small Rails project.

I didn't have any problem with installation, although I did use small script called "unball.py" to extract vba file (command-t-1.3.vba). I put extracted result in bundle directory, as I'm using Pathogen.

I've used this unball script few times before, and it didn't result in any problems. As it has less then 50 lines, I can paste it if that would help. (I got this script from somebody's git .vim directory, unfortunately I don't recall more details.)

Weird thing is that Command-t seems to be working for all other directories. (but then again, I've installed Command-t yesterday, so I haven't tested it that much)

If it's important, I'm using a few plugins: Pathogen, TagBar, Gundo, NERDTree, Snipmate, Conque Shell, SuperTab, NERDCommenter, Rainbow (modified), MRU, EasyMotion, LustyJuggler, Pydoc, PyFlakes, pep8

Any idea what could be the problem? Command-t seems like a promising plugin and I would love to use it. I hope this hiccup is on my side or something easily fixable.

2. Greg Hurrell

I didn't have any problem with installation, although I did use small script called "unball.py" to extract vba file (command-t-1.3.vba). I put extracted result in bundle directory, as I'm using Pathogen.

If you're using Pathogen, you may as well install Command-T by cloning the Git repo to ~/.vim/bundle/command-t. The benefit of this is that you avoid the known flakiness of the Vimball system (random omission when extracting files), and updating becomes a simple matter of doing a git pull.

As to your problem with finding files, my best guess is that the directory hierarchy you're in has more than g:CommandTMaxFiles files in it (defaults to 10,000, overrideable in your ~/.vimrc) or your Vim 'wildignore' setting is excluding the directory. Both of these topics are covered in the docs.

3. anonymous

Thank you Wincent, this MaxFiles variable solved problem. :)

I've only used command-t couple a dozen of times, but it's really useful. So thank you for making this great plugin.