Command-t stored on dropbox used on different machines

1. anonymous

Hi there,

first of all thank you for the amazing vim plugin. I've got a little problem with my setup that is maybe somehow fixable.

I store all of my config files (dotfiles) on my dropbox so every machine that I use stays up to date with all the changes. The dotfiles include my .vimrc and whole .vim directory. The problem I have is that command-t requires some binary files that need to be compiled for a specific machine and hence do not work on (Mac and Debian). Whenever I need to use command-t I have to remember to go to the bundle folder and recompile the binaries. Is there a way to store the binaries in a different location? Or do you have any experience with this kind of problems and could give me a suggestion on how to fix them myself.

Thanks, Janusz

2. Greg Hurrell

I personally just recompile as I tend not to switch machines too often, but I guess you could build multiple executables in different subdirectories, store them in version control, and then hack the plugin/command-t.vim and perhaps some other files in the plugin to make it dynamically pick the right extension depending on what architecture you're running on at runtime.

This wouldn't be something I could ever feasibly support though officially, so you'd be own your own in that sense.

3. anonymous

Hi Wincent,

thanks for your help. If anyone needs this kind of thing to work you just have to copy the ruby directory to something called ruby_ARCH and create different libs in each of those directories - you don't have to hack any of the plugin code. Or at least I didn't have to :)

Thanks again, Janusz