Go to File on top, always visible and next to the first match

1. anonymous

Command-T is awesome, thanks for the plugin.

Is there a chance to configure Command-T to have the Go To File right next to the first match and the text that we type in always visible. I am using Macvim and notice that in some instance I cant see what I've type and I have to move my eye so see if the file I want has been matched or not.

Cheers

2. Greg Hurrell

Not sure I fully understand what you are asking here, but will try to answer anyway.

There is one option that might help you here, g:CommandTMatchWindowAtTop. See :h command-t-options for more details:

|g:CommandTMatchWindowAtTop|                   boolean (default: 0)

When this settings is off (the default) the match window will appear at
         the bottom so as to keep it near to the prompt. Turning it on causes the
         match window to appear at the top instead. This may be preferable if you
         want the best match (usually the first one) to appear in a fixed location
         on the screen rather than moving as the number of matches changes during
         typing.

As for the prompt text not always being visible, I've noticed this too. It is some kind of redraw issue, and I've noticed it more in MacVim 7.3 than I did under 7.2 (although it did happen under 7.2 as well). I am not sure of the exact cause but if it can be fixed I would certainly like to do so.

It seems that MacVim is repainting that part of the screen, wiping it clean, after Command-T has displayed the prompt. Doesn't happen in Terminal Vim, and perhaps not in other GUI-based Vims either.

Like I said, would like to find a workaround but haven't been able to yet. See ticket #1523 for a possibly related issue ("--No lines in buffer--" appears in status line when match listing is first shown). Since updating to MacVim 7.3 I am seeing the "--No lines in buffer--" message much less, if at all, and instead seeing it just wipe the command line.

I'm going to open a new ticket for this anyway (ticket #1692), just to get it in the tracker.

Would be nice to find a workaround. Other possible options include patching MacVim, or rewriting the prompt code to not use the command area at all, but instead part of the match window (similar to FuzzyFinder).