Forums and signups closed for migration

1. Greg Hurrell

I've just turned off sign-ups and made all forums read-only. This is because I need the forums to be activity-free during the migration to the new server.

I don't have a date for when the migration will be complete but I do know that it will be by the end of this month (March 2008) because that's when my provider is pulling the plug on the old machine.

So in the meantime, you can continue to browse the forums in read-only fashion. My intention is to carry across all the user accounts to the new server so you won't have to sign up again, but it is likely that you'll need to click a link to have a new password generated and mailed to you (the technical reason for this is that passwords on the old server are not stored in plaintext so there is no way of retrieving them; this is good security practice, but it does mean that on the new server you'll need a brand new password).

If you are looking for support and can't find the answer here then check the bugs and feature requests data base.

Although that too, will be switching to read-only at some point soon so that it too can be migrated to the new server.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but when this is all over the forums (and everything else on this site) will be simpler and better integrated, so this will be a big improvement for everybody. Thanks very much.